Ending One Chapter Leads to Beginning Another

By Mallory Slocum

June 13, 2016

May 1st will be an important day for me (although by the time you read this it will be long past it) because it is my graduation day.  On the first of May, I will receive a Master of Arts in Theology.  I cannot believe that I have finally made it to this point.  It has been a long journey but it one that has been well worth it.

Although my graduation is at the beginning of May, there will be many graduation ceremonies that will take place later on in May and the beginning of June.  All of the schools in the area will be saying farewell to another class of students.  Many of these will be high school graduations, some college, maybe even pre-school.  No matter the level of education all of them are important.

Graduating from high school is a big milestone.  As parents, you may think back on your child’s (or children’s) first day of school.  Then, you watch as they complete their primary education experience by receiving their high school diploma.  Many, but not all, will go on to college.  So, as they walk across that stage they will complete one chapter and then begin another.  For those who do not go on to college, they will be entering the work force.  At one point or another, marriage and family will enter the picture.

Think of your life as if it were a book.  Your experiences are divided into chapters.  When you reach the end of one look back to the beginning and see how much has happened in the small frame of time.  The experiences you have had and the knowledge gained will help you in the future.  Do not take any of these experiences for granted.

When you are looking ahead, be open to new possibilities.  I had an idea of where my life was going to head, but God had different plans for me.  We may have hopes for what we would want to happen however we must remain open to God’s plan.  Romans 8:28 tells us, “We know that all things work for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose.”  God calls us to be good and to do good deeds.

2 Timothy 1:9 asserts our calling.  “He saved us and called us to a holy life, not according to our works but according to his own design and the grace bestowed on us in Christ Jesus before time began.”  No matter how many goals we set for ourselves, we must keep this goal at the top of the list.  As Christians, we MUST strive to be holy and this should be a part of our “life book.”  Each chapter should include descriptive experiences of us striving to fulfill this calling.  So as we finish one chapter, we will move on to the next one.  When we celebrate a milestone, God celebrates with us.  He offers us hope for the future and we should not ignore what He calls us to do.

Keywords: 2 timothy, romans
Comments (21) - Post a Comment
My colleagues were looking for IRS 2290 a few weeks ago and found an excellent service that hosts a searchable forms database . If others are requiring IRS 2290 too , here's http://pdf.ac/alKVHi
ERYN HALLIDAY at 5:46pm EDT - August 25, 2016
usps tracking at 11:50am EST - March 9, 2017
Actually, over here, May the first is officially a holiday as it's labor day. The http://socialbarrel.com/building-your-online-network-with-a-social-media-virtual-assistant/114252/ mentioned of the immense importance of recognizing everyone in our day-to-day life. They're all humans, much like yourselves.
Agustin james at 9:43am EST - February 6, 2018
This was such a beautiful way of seeing gnenrally all things! You could actually write a pretty motivating work on this topic. You also seem like one of the best essays writers so I think you will do a phenomenal job anyway!
Acosta at 10:30am EDT - April 4, 2018
Indeed it is very true, with one ending another begins and the cycle goes on. Something of the sort happened with me at Goldenslot Mobile as well and so I learned this better. I really like how you have written about it here, good work!
james at 3:39pm EDT - May 24, 2018
Thanks so much with this fantastic new web site. I’m very fired up to show it to anyone. It makes me so satisfied your vast understanding and wisdom have a new channel for trying into the world. academic writing services

frank at 11:12am EDT - May 30, 2018
Thanks for such a nice piece of information. I am glad to read this. Please review my page. essay writing ireland
james stephens at 3:37am EDT - June 9, 2018
SIM university assignment help is problem for SIM university students so this university always suggest our academic writers for best assignment support. Get reasonable assignment help from our academic writers n limited time and achieve higher grade in college.
SIM university assignment help at 7:47am EDT - June 15, 2018
the cash exchanged to your disconnected financial balance so you can spend the cash somewhere else.
casino at 9:48am EDT - June 24, 2018
This is very educational content and written well for a change. It's nice to see that some people still understand how to write a quality post!instant messaging apps for windows
afiya ali at 9:25am EDT - July 3, 2018
but this has just made it sure that I did want this news. I am so happy about this, my man. https://obzoroff.shop/
afiya ali at 2:48am EDT - July 4, 2018
hardware for video conferencing at 5:21am EDT - July 4, 2018
Thanks so much with this fantastic new web site. I’m very fired up to show it to anyone. It makes me so satisfied your vast understanding and wisdom have a new channel for trying into the world. mochilas

james at 1:41pm EDT - July 6, 2018
afiya ali at 6:27am EDT - July 7, 2018
Speechless. Very accurate piece of writing. Such a sweet post. This is very nice man look here
afiya ali at 1:49am EDT - July 8, 2018
That's what makes you the best. You should keep publishing more articles and you will Such Become One of the best writers ever hovershoes

john at 1:08pm EDT - July 8, 2018
This can guide and show you procedure on the best way to put down a decent wager.
nightrush at 1:00pm EDT - July 9, 2018
I will never read such beautiful information that you shared. Ever. Oh damn… I just got older. I want more detailed information like i found about finest phone cleaner app and antivirus 2018 for more details you can read more at ITL phone cleaner website.
Brad Johnson at 6:40am EDT - July 11, 2018
it was actually not the case. But maybe, generally, there might have been a drop. matka

afiya ali at 7:21am EDT - July 14, 2018
Attractive, post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have liked browsing your blog posts. After all, I will surely subscribe to your feed, and I hope you will write again soon!
satta matka tips
afiya ali at 11:30am EDT - July 17, 2018
I really appreciate this wonderful post that you have provided for us. I assure this would be beneficial for most of the people.
where can you buy forskolin
afiya ali at 10:03am EDT - July 20, 2018